Welcome to GiveBermuda.org, a powerful online resource created to inform, empower, and enrich charitable giving and philanthropy in Bermuda!
Recently, with the launch of the Bermuda Community Foundation (BCF), and with work previously piloted by the Bermuda Civil Society Project, the BCF Board of Directors saw a need for an inventory of community needs and resources. While donors were inundated with requests for contributions, they weren’t always confident about how their philanthropic dollars were being put to use. Local philanthropists envisioned a tool that would empower givers to understand the needs of the local nonprofit community, and to feel confident in their charitable investments.
Addressing this need has taken the shape of GiveBermuda.org, a tool for people who want to learn about local social issues and make donations to the nonprofits that work to improve the quality of life in Bermuda. GiveBermuda.org hosts profiles of Bermuda nonprofits, endowed and sponsored project funds at BCF. The profiles contain detailed information on organizations’ history, programs, governance, and finances – all FREE to users in this pilot phase!
GiveBermuda.org furthers the Bermuda Community Foundation’s mission of “creating an enduring source of funds forever dedicated to the good of Bermuda” by raising the level of local nonprofit transparency, making comprehensive information available to the public in a searchable database, and identifying emerging needs.
On GiveBermuda.org, you can:
- FIND detailed programmatic, operational, and financial information on local nonprofits
- LEARN about issues facing Bermuda communities
- GIVE through the Bermuda Community Foundation, to the nonprofit(s) of your choice with a secure online donation
How does it work?
- Search for a nonprofit profile by name, keyword, service area, or geographical area to read about their history, programs, staff, board, and achievements.
- Read Issue Overviews about causes that interest you, and to find local nonprofits addressing those issues.
- Create a free User Account to save information on your favorite organizations and areas of interest.
- Make a secure gift through the GiveBermuda.org online donation system.
- Find up-to-the-minute news about local nonprofit events, needs, and opportunities through BCF's Facebook.
Where do I start?
- Visit www.GiveBermuda.org to access nonprofit profiles and community Issue Overviews, or to create a free User Account.
- If your nonprofit would like to be profiled on GiveBermuda.org, learn more and submit a request at GiveBermuda@bcf.bm .
- If you are a donor advisor or part of a foundation or grant-making program and would like to learn more about using GiveBermuda.org in your work, contact the Bermuda Community Foundation staff at email@example.com.